- The response to the appeal fund has been phenomenal.
- The freight station is lively with cranes and vehicles of all descriptions.
- That's really lovely, that is!' he said with heavy irony.
- Only with organization can the wisdom of the collective be given full play.
- Now it is generally accepted that the countries with different social systems can coexist peacefully.
- Most people can't read small print without glasses when they get on in years.
- `May I borrow your car?' `Yes, with pleasure. '
- "你和我们一道去，" 他坚持说。
- "You'll go together with us, " he insisted.
- "The room was furnished with the simplest essentials, a bed, a chair, and a table."
- "The new secretary is a quick, efficient worker, and the boss is quite satisfied with her."
- "The most short-sighted man could see that at a glance, with his naked eye, " said Martin.
- ＂Belong＂习惯上与 "to" 搭配。
- "Belong" collocates with "to".
- "梅姨，你的照片登在报纸上。" "孩子，我才不相信呢！"
- "Aunt May, you picture is in the paper." "Go on with you, boy."
- `Hear with one's ears' and `divide into four quarters' are pleonasms.
- `Shall we change the plan?' `No dice, we'll stick with the original one.'