- adj.艰难的,苦恼的,窘迫的 n.地峡,[straits] 海峡
- We'll pass through the treacherous straits of tatary
- I in this strait worship the god of my fathers in mine own language.
- A port city in northeastern sicily on the strait of messina.
- The new playwrights broke out of the old conventional straitjacket.
- 1the Strait of johor separates singapore from peninsular malaysia.
- A patch of surface salt water with salinity exceeding34.55is found near palawan which seems to be originated from the western pacific surface water through the strait between palawan and luzon islands.
- As the advocacating of democracy and science during the may4th movement marks the very beginning of the self-examination and self-advancement of the chinese people our speaking at the home to democracy and science represents the common expectation of the people on both sides of taiwan strait and the common aspiration for the rise of the chinese people to preeminence.
- An hour to oar the strait.
- Meanwhile exxon and its partners have just sent their first oil across the tatar strait.
- An archipelago off s south america; separated from the continent by the strait of magellan; islands are administered by chile and by argentina.
- On the southern shores of the strait fires lit by the indians burned so brightly at night that the spaniards called it tierra del fuego--the land of fire--the name it still bears.
- Here the pack-ice had narrowed the strait to only eight miles mostly surrouned in dense mist.
- Due to the overseas trade in the taiwan strait and east asia the dutch east india company persuaded chinese to come over to taiwan to make deals with them and to cultivate the land; meanwhile maritime contacts between tayouan and amoy were gradually transformed into an organized and regular sea-route.
- A city in s chile on the strait of magellan; the southernmost city in the world.
- The social welfare system is a system established by the chinese government to provide funds to ensure the livelihood of senior citizens orphans and the handicapped persons who are in extraordinarily straitened circumstances.