- abbr 缩写 = 1 (pl SS) Saint. Cf 参看 St 1. 2 (esp on clothing) small (size) （尤用於衣物）小（号）. 3 (US also So) south(ern): S Yorkshire 约克郡南部
- Au is the chemical symbol for gold.
- Black Widow is a (dead) cert for (ie is sure to win) the next race.
- ... 银色的船桨，随着笛声拍节在水中摇划，击起了层层水波，痴情地紧追不舍。
- The oars were silver, /Which to the tune of flutes kept stroke, and made the/Water which they beat to follow fast
- That's really lovely, that is!' he said with heavy irony.
- One false move and you're dead!' he said, pointing a gun at me.
- I've got a sore throat, ' he wheezed.
- Don't worry, ' she said, putting an arm round his shoulder.
- Don't give in now, ' she urged.
- `Which way does your house face?' `It faces south.'
- `Where did you put the scissors?' `I put them (back) in the drawer.'
- `The door opens like this.' `Oh, I see.'
- `The building of the new shopping centre is an outrage, ' she protested.
- `Thank you for showing us your collection of paintings.' `It's my privilege (ie I am honoured to do so).'
- `Stay away from me!' she hissed.
- `Order! Order!' shouted the Speaker.