- ‘nouveau riche'（暴发户）这个词是从法语借来的。
- The expression `nouveau riche' is borrowed from French.
- Black Widow is a (dead) cert for (ie is sure to win) the next race.
- That's really lovely, that is!' he said with heavy irony.
- Most people can't read small print without glasses when they get on in years.
- He flopped down the shopping bag and ran to help us.
- Don't worry, ' she said, putting an arm round his shoulder.
- `Will you resign, Minister?' `No comment!'
- `How would you interpret his silence?' `I would interpret it as a refusal.'
- `How do you like your tea?' `I like it rather weak.'
- `He is happy but not rich' is the converse of `He is rich but not happy'.
- "你可以亲自看见他。" 猴子带老虎来到一
- "You'll see him yourself." The monkey take the tiger to a big river.
- "You should stop prying; you know, it's unlawful to read other people's letters!"
- "几年以前，你可以看出谁是城里最有权势的人，因为他的路会修得整整齐齐，" 此?/em>湟晃怀鞘泄婊纤呔值幕⑾壬怠?"现在风水轮流转，最有势力的人住在泥土路上。"
- "Years ago, you could tell who the most politically powerful person in town was because his road would be paved, " said Ray Keating, a member if the zoning board of appeals here. "Now it's(=it has) come full circle, and the most powerful live on the d
- "When his wish to go to Harvard was realized, his joy knew no measure."
- "There are reasons for this great interest in the ideas, feelings, and actions of youth."