- prep.在...之上,依附于,临近,靠近,向,在...时候,关于,涉及 adv.在上,向前,行动中,作用中
- 成年地做一种单调工作, 能把活人也做成机器人。
- Years of doing the same dull job can turn you into a machine.
- The retired worker usually waters his garden every day except on rainy days.
- The one won and the other lost; that's the luck of the draw.
- Most people can't read small print without glasses when they get on in years.
- Most of us see everything in colour all our lives, and we base quite a large number of our daily actions on colour information.
- A painter who had been working on the clock tower hung a pot of paint on one of the hands and slowed it down!
- "几年以前，你可以看出谁是城里最有权势的人，因为他的路会修得整整齐齐，" 此?/em>湟晃怀鞘泄婊纤呔值幕⑾壬怠?"现在风水轮流转，最有势力的人住在泥土路上。"
- "Years ago, you could tell who the most politically powerful person in town was because his road would be paved, " said Ray Keating, a member if the zoning board of appeals here. "Now it's(=it has) come full circle, and the most powerful live on the d
- "他会让别的囚徒感觉到他自以为比他们高明吗？" "他当然不会这样。一次做君子，一世做君子。"
- "Would he allow the other prisoners to feel that he thought himself a cut above them?" "Of course he wouldn't. Once a gentleman, always a gentleman."
- "如果有一天晚上我站在街角，发生了事故，而我没有一把[手枪]。那可怎么办？" 特伦?/em>厮担辉赣盟娜?
- "What happens one night if I'm standing on a corner and something
- "The research project has only been under way for three months, so it's too early to evaluate its success."
- "这很可能是他们给你的那些香槟型的汽酒中的一种。" "不，这可是真货。"
- "It was probably one of those champagne-type sparkling wines they gave you." "No, it wasn't. It was the genuine article."
- "爱德华还在服现役吗？" "不，他已因病复员了。"
- "Is Edward on active service?" "No, he's been boarded out."
- "If music be the food of love, play on."
- "梅姨，你的照片登在报纸上。" "孩子，我才不相信呢！"
- "Aunt May, you picture is in the paper." "Go on with you, boy."
- `Hear with one's ears' and `divide into four quarters' are pleonasms.