- The house was in flames, ie was on fire, burning.
- The house was on fire last night and was burned down.
- The house is on fire!
- Stop buggering about with those matches or you'll set the house on fire.
- It was perfect marriage. They got on like a house on fire.
- Firemen reached the house on fire in time.
- On leave; on fire; on the way.
- He set his house on fire before he took to flight.
- Making inquiries at the local inn, she discovers that Mrs. Rochester one night succeeded in setting the house on fire.
- Fire engines came on the double when the house was on fire.
- Bennie lies under the big tree with his whole body feeling as if it is on fire.
- He is a lazy devil and keeps his talent in a napkin, with his ability and a little energy he could set the Thames on fire.
- I'm sure he'll do very well—though he'll never set the world on fire.
- His son didn't seem to be the type to set the world on fire.
- Stop emptying your pipe into the wastepaper basket; you'll set the house on fire.