- The calm sea gave no hint of the storm that was coming.
- The Minister gave a broad hint that she intends to raise taxes.
- There was more than a hint of sadness in his voice.
- 她咳了一声, 向他暗示他该走了。
- She coughed to give him the hint that he should go.
- I thought they'd never go some people just can't take a hint!
- Do I detect a touch of jaundice (ie a slight hint of jealousy, etc) in that remark?
- Well, can't just not give her a hint.
- There were subtle hints in his letter.
- The millionaire talked cold turkey to his extravagant nephew, hinting that he might be disinherited.
- Thanks for the hint. I can't stand going to a government office and having to go back because I didn't have the necessary papers.
- Susan and I were having a private conversation when Niger insisted on joining us, I tried to hint that two's company, but he would not go away.
- She hinted darkly at strange events.
- She has already hinted (to me) that I've won the prize.
- One could imagine her giving Pavlova a few hints on dancing because she had been such a success as a skirt-dancer at bazaars in her youth.
- I who am blind can give one hint to those who see--one admonition to those who would make full use of the gift of sight: Use your eyes as if tomorrow you would be stricken blind.