- n [pl] back parts of a four-legged animal including the back legs （四腿动物的）臀部和後腿. =>illus at horse 见horse插图
- A monster having the wings claws and head of a griffin and the body and hindquarters of a horse.
- Gait shows good reach in the forequarters and good driving power in the hindquarters.
- Baboon of west africa with red and blue muzzle and hindquarters.
- Fleshy hindquarters; behind the loin and above the round.
- A slice of beef such as one taken from the loin or the hindquarters suitable for broiling or frying.
- For three months he dragged his injured hindquarters by clawing the earth with his front paws.
- He is quick and light on his feet and when in the show ring should be gaited on a loose lead at a moderately fast trot exhibiting good reach in the forequarters and good drive in the hindquarters.
- It is an aim of training to establish a flexible rubber bridge contact between the front and the rear of the horse; to create impulsion by well engaged hindquarters into the hands of the rider.