- It was foolhardy (of him) to go swimming alone.
- I'll fix him for calling me a swindler!
- His criminal record weighed heavily against him (with the jury).
- Give him an inch and he will take a yard.
- "你可以亲自看见他。" 猴子带老虎来到一
- "You'll see him yourself." The monkey take the tiger to a big river.
- "他会让别的囚徒感觉到他自以为比他们高明吗？" "他当然不会这样。一次做君子，一世做君子。"
- "Would he allow the other prisoners to feel that he thought himself a cut above them?" "Of course he wouldn't. Once a gentleman, always a gentleman."
- "抓小偷，" 史密斯边跑边喊。其他人同他一起追喊着
- "Stop thief, " cried Smith as he ran. Others joined him, and soon there was a hue and cry.
- If a man once fall, all will tread on him.
- When a man is going down-hill, everyone will give him a push.
- It's all over with him (ie He is going to die), ' the doctor said gently.
- He is a hypocrite and never exerts himself to help anyone.
- "他干起活来不要命，" 乔
- "He is a terror for work, " George said to himself."
- "你当然认识他喽？" "不大认识。他毕竟不属于我们这儿的老派正统的
- "You know him, of course?" "Not to speak to. After all, he's hardly of our square little circle down here."
- The council member dissociated himself from the decision to close the biggest department store in the town.
- Everything comes to him who waits.