- 别碰那道铁丝网, 能钩伤你的!
- You could do yourself a mischief on that barbed-wire fence!
- A hammer is used for driving in nails.
- The speaker seems to have no original ideas; his speech was full of platitudes.
- The purport of the message seemed to be that a few top army officers had fled from the country.
- The family had lived in peace and tranquillity before the unfortunate traffic accident.
- The boat had to put into Liverpool for supplies.
- She has a frivolous nature and won't take anything seriously.
- My fiance and I are planning to be married in Hawaii because our families live there.
- Many young Japanese engineers have been lured to the Middle East by the promise of high wages.
- I haven't any money; can I give you an IOU for$10?
- Hamburgers are ordered through a window in the restaurant and then are handed out through the window to the waiting customer.
- A painter who had been working on the clock tower hung a pot of paint on one of the hands and slowed it down!
- A hand grenade exploded by accident and I got lost in the ensuing confusion.
- `He is happy but not rich' is the converse of `He is rich but not happy'.
- `Have you ever seen an elephant?' `Yes I have.'