- You can't ascribe the same meaning to both words.
- Tennis loses its relish when one gets old.
- 他从攀岩运动中得到兴奋、 刺激的感受。
- He gets his thrills from rock-climbing.
- 他倒很愿意参加校队, 可是从未有过机会
- He'd love to play for the school team but he never gets a look-in, ie is never chosen.
- He gets by on very little money.
- He gets paid peanuts for doing that job.
- 他年事渐高, 背也开始变驼了。
- He's beginning to stoop with age, ie as he gets older.
- He'll have to cut his eye-teeth before he gets promoted.
- He earns 8000 a year whereas she gets at least 20000.
- 他确实是想帮忙, 然而事实上却只是帮倒忙。
- No doubt he means to help, but in fact he just gets in the way.
- Your mother will be furious if she gets to hear of this.
- Why don't you lay off smoking for a while until your cough gets better?
- The writer gets a 10% royalty on each copy sold of his book.
- He never gets up early.
- He gets up with a sweet dream, hoping to have a family reunion at Christmas.