- Smooth and finish the crankpin to roundness.
- As the crankshaft rotates the crankpin swings in a circle around the shaft.
- The oil supply is made through the crankpin bearing.
- From here the oil is fed to the crankpin and to the crosshead bearings through bores in the crankshaft and in the connecting rods.
- The longitudinal bore through the crankpin provides the individual bearing points with lubrication oil.
- The load map and wearing maps of the crankshaft journals and crankpin are obtained under various operating conditions.
- "The connecting rod is attached at one end to a crankpin on the crankshaft and at the other end to a piston through a piston pin or wrist pin.the connecting rod must be very strong and rigid and also as light as possible."