- The coverlet was painted in blue.
- A coverlet or blanket made of two layers of fabric with a layer of cotton wool feathers or down in between all stitched firmly together usually in a decorative crisscross design.
- Guerrero had also laid out several other items carefully on the ragged coverlet of the bed.
- A light coverlet such as an afghan.
- Hastily she grasped the limp hand lying on the coverlet and was frightened anew by its chill.
- The moment she saw the silk coverlet she bought it.
- The student's coverlet was dirty.
- He hastily seized the coverlet of his bed and wrapped it round him.