- adv.在前,以前 prep.在...之前 conj.在...之前,与其...宁可
- The debtor was summoned (to appear before the magistrates).
- It would be imprudent (of you) to resign from your present job before you are offered another.
- The family had lived in peace and tranquillity before the unfortunate traffic accident.
- A rare congenital disorder of childhood that is characterized by rapid onset of the physical changes typical of old age, usually resulting in death before the age of20.
- "Rice is gathered, cleaned and hulled before being sold."
- "Don't interrupt, just hear me out before you start talking."
- Make sure you read all the small print before signing.
- "Think before you act" is my motto.
- A ball of fire seemed to fall out of the void, disappearing before it reached the earth.
- B comes before C in the alphabet.
- Twenty shillings were equal to one pound before 1971.
- Be just before you are generous.
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
- Do not cry out before you are hurt.
- All things are difficult before they are easy.