pers pron 人称代词 (used as the subject of a v 用作动词的主体) person who is the speaker or writer 我（说话者或写作者称自己）: I think I'd like a bath. 我想洗个澡. * When he asked me to marry him I said yes. 他向我求婚, 我答应了. Cf 参看 me
- We had a slight misunderstanding over the time.
- A hammer is used for driving in nails.
- `&'号常用於公司名称中, 如Brown, Brown & Watkins
- Ampersands are often used in names of companies, eg Brown, Brown & Watkins.
- Au is the chemical symbol for gold.
- Black Widow is a (dead) cert for (ie is sure to win) the next race.
- Where's your car?' It's in the garage.'
- The contrary of `wet' is `dry'.
- That's really lovely, that is!' he said with heavy irony.
- Operator, I've just been cut off.'
- Don't give in now, ' she urged.
- Come and get an eyeful of this there's a giraffe in the garden!'
- `Whose fault is this?' `Mine, I'm afraid.'
- `Where did you put the scissors?' `I put them (back) in the drawer.'
- `The door opens like this.' `Oh, I see.'
- `The building of the new shopping centre is an outrage, ' she protested.