lofty [lɔfti; (-) 'lɔ:fti]
- 从山上居高远望, 日出景象蔚为奇观。
- The sunrise seen from high in the mountains was a tremendous spectacle.
- Soaring as if with wings; elevated or sublime.
- America is any tune you want to play with fife and drum fiddle or horn to establish the beat and rhythm of the upward march to high goals.
- We've ascended the heights and are enjoying a distant view of the lake and hills.
- An iron with a lofted face for hitting high shots to the green.
- That early autumn evening leaves ruffled by a fitful breeze cast their shadows in the starlight.xiangzi looked up at the milky way so far above and sighed.
- The realm of fairy-story is wide and deep and high and filled with many things: all manner of beasts and birds are found there; shoreless seas and stars uncounted; beauty that is an enchantment and an ever-present peril; both joy and sorrow as sharp as swords.
- Here a lofty mind finds fit place and well-grounded confidence finds its opportunities.