- The entire metropolitan center possessed a high and mighty air calculated to overawe and abash the common applicant.
- Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
- Byron's father by his first marriage had a daughter augusta byron's half-sister.his father's second wife byron's own mother was a proud irascible calvinistic scotswoman named catherine gordon of gight.
- First love with its frantic haughty imagination swings its object clear of the everyday over the rut of living making him all looks silences gestures attitudes a burning phrase with no context.
- When he had to deal with them clifford was rather haughty and contemptuous; one could no longer afford to be friendly.in fact he was altogether rather supercilious and contemptuous of anyone not in his own class.
- Patrician arrogance haughtiness good looks
- A cold person; a cold nod.
- Parkman occasionally allows a supercilious tone to creep into his writings.
- Parkman occasionally allows a supercilious tone to creep into his writing.
- His father's second wife byron's own mother was a proud irascible calvinistic scotswoman named catherine gordon of gight.
- They hated that conceited self-satisfied creature.
- His rather superior manner jars on me.
- He's such a snotty-nosed little'wimp.
- He moving proudly past enveloped as it were in the rich music with the procession of majestic and venerable fathers; he so unattainable in his worldly position and still more so in that far vista of his unsympathizing thoughts through which she now beheld him!
- The new girl at school seems stuck-up but I think she is just a little shy.