- to lift up
to hold high
- n.举起,电梯,起重机,搭车 vt.升高,提高,举起,空运 vi.升起,(指雾等)消散,耸立
- n.把握,把持力,柄,控制,监禁,掌握,货舱 vt.拿着,保存,支持,占据,持有,拥有 vi.支持,保持,有效 n.控制,保留
- n.高度,高处 adj.高的,高原的,高等的,高音的,傲慢的,高尚的,昂贵的,严重的 adv.高度地,奢侈地,高价地
- He raised the book to the top shelf.
- Had the government hinted that it wanted to wriggle free from its vague promises the debt would have crashed; the banking system would have been crippled by new losses; foreign investors would have fled a country that broke its word; and the housing market a trifle short of lenders just now would have lost its main backers.
- Glorify the lord with me; let us exalt his name together.
- He bore aloft a drawn dagger.
- He stood watching while the instructress raised her arms above her head and--one could not say gracefully but with remarkable neatness and efficiency--bent over and tucked the first joint of her fingers under her toes.
- Mt.11:23and you capernaum who have been exalted to heaven to hades you will be brought down.
- The picture shows team appealing for resistance against japan on the streets of mandalay.
- I raised my hand to him my little cymbidium lying in my hand.
- When we say we should hold high the banner of mao zedong thought we mean precisely that we should study and apply mao zedong thought as an ideological system.
- The right hand of the lord is exalted: the right hand of the lord doeth valiantly.
- It is nice to have friends to come from afar. So uphold gold cups and carouse tonight.you are sincerely welcomed.
- John hogg raises lewis'arm high.
- Upon this I stepp'd forward again and by the light of the firebrand holding it up a little over my head I saw lying on the ground a most monstrous frightful old he-goat just making his will as we say and gasping for life.
- By righteousness a nation is lifted up but sin is a cause of shame to the peoples.
- The obverse of the medal features the ancient coliseum and the goddess of victory holding a winner's crown.the reverse of the medal features a victorious athlete a palm branch carried by jubilant athletes and a stadium in the background.