- And I found calcium which is present in human bones but no phosphorous.
- Research interest: skeletal development and the growth plate extracellular matrix and cartilage tissue engineering mechanical regulation of cartilage and bone osteoarthritis and other joint degenerative diseases during aging.
- Grafted skeletal muscle fibers were still detectable among nerve fiber fascicles.
- New research shows that bones react to forces from certain directions like reinforced plastics and from others like brittle ceramics.
- One huge problem with finding such animals is that they did not have hard skeletons that would mineralize and become fossils.
- A giant reconstruction of the skeleton of a dinosaur.
- Previously it's been used successfully for a condition called paget's disease where it stops something called bone turnover for a short time allowing bone bruising to recover.
- One farmer says to me "you cannot live on vegetable food solely for it furnishes nothing to make bones with"; and so he religiously devotes a part of his day to supplying his system with the raw material of bones; walking all the while he talks behind his oxen which with vegetable-made bones jerk him and his lumbering plow along in spite of every obstacle.
- Most fossils consist of hard skeletal material because soft tissues and organs rot away very quickly.
- Since bones show up clearly as white objects against a darker background roentgen's rays proved particularly suited for examining fractures and breaks but they could also spot cancer tumors respiratory diseases such as tuberculosis or black lung and a variety of other tissue abnormalities.
- Primitive multicellular marine animal whose porous body is supported by a fibrous skeletal framework; usually occurs in sessile colonies.
- Ultraviolet light is needed to activate production of vitamin d in the body which prevents rickets osteomalacia and osteoporosis.it may also affect some cancers and immune disorders.
- It was near that old and sunken grave yet with a space between as if the dust of the two sleepers had no right to mingle.
- The phalanges are the bones of the digits.
- The most important naturally occurring phosphate is phosphate of lime or tri-calcium phosphate found as the chief ingredient of phosphatic rock bones and phosphatic guanos.