- a noble steed
- adj.高尚的,贵族的,高贵的 n.贵族
- She has always been a bit of a rebel.
- A recalcitrant person.
- The big eyes sharp beak and the attitude of the eagle make it appear awe-inspiring wild and intractable.
- The raggedest nightcap awry on the wretchedest head had this crooked significance in it:'i know how hard it has grown for me the wearer of this to support life in myself; but do you know how easy it has grown for me the wearer of this to destroy life in you? '
- I shall savour your defiance!
- With more quickness of observation and less pliancy of temper than other girls and with a judgment too unassailed by any attention to myself I was very little disposed to approve them.
- "In the little chaos of pearl's character there might be seen emerging-and could have been from the very first-the steadfast principles of an unflinching courage-an uncontrollable will-a sturdy pride which might be disciplined into self-respect"