to create a disturbance
- The police were called in to break up (ie stop) the fracas.
- 骚乱得到控制, 无人死亡。
- The riot was brought under control without loss of life, ie without anyone being killed.
- 骚乱的真正原因不明, 但起因是由於逮捕了两名男子。
- The real cause of the riot was unclear, but the occasion was the arrest of two men.
- 首都一片平静, 然而据报道在别的地方仍有持续的骚乱。
- The capital is calm, but continuing disorder has been reported elsewhere.
- Smoke-bombs were thrown during the street riots.
- Suddenly, there was a great commotion next door.
- 他的演说产生了不幸的後果, 由之引发一场骚乱。
- His speech had an unfortunate sequel, in that it caused a riot.
- Law and order were quickly restored after the riots.
- Rioting broke out between rival groups of fans.
- Riots broke out in several areas.
- Riots are of frequent occurrence in this province.
- Those men were charged by the police with causing a disturbance.
- This riot is only one manifestation of people's discontent.
- The rioting grew worse and the government declared a state of emergency.
- The police were out in force to stop any trouble.