- The retort raised a cheer in support of the speaker.
- They sank the barge by making a hole in the bottom.
- She came back at the speaker with some sharp questions.
- 她反驳我提出的各点都很有说服力, 很快就将我的论点驳倒
- She replied to my points so convincingly that my argument was soon in tatters.
- His arguments were irresistible.
- He retorted that it was my fault as much as his.
- He pulverized the opposition with the force of his oratory.
- Her case was cogently argued.
- Her article brilliantly demolishes his argument.
- All opposition to the scheme has collapsed.
- The passengers were sent to the cutters as the ship was sinking.
- The Florida Supreme Court and a state court judge dealt Al Gore's lawyers a double defeat Friday in their bi
- The appeal court reject the appeal on a technicality.
- She knocked the bottom out of our argument.
- Nothing could refute her testimony that the driver was drunk.