- [Botany] sargassum; gulfweed; sargasso; sea grape
- Seaweeds are any of numerous marine algae such as a kelp rockweed or gulfweed.
- Green algae superficially resembling horsetail ferns: stoneworts.
- Of or belonging to the order fucales which includes brown algae such as gulfweed and rockweed.
- Small fantastically formed and colored fishes found among masses of sargassum.
- Several hundred miles eastward from florida there is a part of the ocean called the sargasso sea.
- Any of several brownish seaweeds of the genus sargassum of tropical atlantic waters having rounded air bladders and often forming dense floating masses.
- But the bird was almost out of sight now and nothing showed on the surface of the water but some patches of yellow sun-bleached sargasso weed and the purple formalized iridescent gelatinous bladder of a portuguese man-of-war floating close beside the boat.
- Sargassums are also known as sea holly because of their highly branched stems with hollow berrylike floats and many leaflike sawtooth-edged blades.
- "Sargassums are also known as sea holly because of their highly branched stems with hollow berrylike floats and many leaflike sawtooth-edged blades."
- Sargasso sea: body of still water in the north atlantic ocean.elliptical in shape and strewn with a brown floating seaweed of the genus sargassum
- Any of the brown algae that make up the genus sargassum.
- Abstract: a study was conducted to exam the facters and conditions which affected bleaching technology of extracting sodium alginate from wild sargassum.
- In shallow water.brown algae commonly found as seaweeds kelp which include the largest algae and sargassum.