- Matthew (name)
- 38later Joseph of arimathea asked pilate for the body of jesus.
- The time gap between malachi the last book of the old testament and matthew the first of the gospels.
- And when evening fell there came a rich man from arimathea named joseph who himself had also become a disciple of jesus.
- As evening approached there came a rich man from arimathea named joseph who had himself become a disciple of jesus.
- Joseph of arimathea came a prominent member of the council who himself was waiting for the kingdom of god; and he gathered up courage and went in before pilate and asked for the body of jesus.
- Mt.27:57and when evening fell there came a rich man from arimathea named joseph who himself had also become a disciple of jesus.
- It possesses a profound evangelical ancestry: christ says many times: "watch" matt. 26:41.
- The hebrew word almah that appears in this verse and the greek word parthenos that jews used to translate it in the greek septuagint that matthew quotes here have been the subjects of dispute for almost two millennia.
- Joseph of arimathea a prominent member of the council who was himself waiting for the kingdom of god went boldly to pilate and asked for jesus'body.
- And so he painted a picture of st matthew with a bald head and bare dusty feet awkwardly gripping the huge volume anxiously wrinkling his brow under the unaccustomed strain of writing.
- Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us bible the lord's prayer matthew6.9
- This estimate itself relies on the historicity of the story in the gospel of matthew of the massacre of the innocents under the orders of herod-an event mentioned nowhere else in contemporaneous accounts.
- This horse is too weak to keep pace with others.
- This horse is too weak to keep pace with the others.
- A dramatic oratorio such as bach's'st matthew passion '.