- to pass
to go through
- A cart rattled past (us).
- People stood twenty deep (ie in lines of twenty people one behind the other) to see her go past.
- The traffic police flagged the passing car down.
- The path or one of the set of paths, parallel to the reference edge on a data medium, associated with a single reading or writing component as the data medium moves past the component.
- One could see that the painting had been touched up in several places.
- It may be many years before the new company can gain a secure foothold in the market.
- Either of two corresponding parallels of celestial latitude that are the limits of the apparent northern and southern passages of the sun.
- A select group were invited to the wedding reception.
- "Rice is gathered, cleaned and hulled before being sold."
- An important processing procedure in which top-priority processing most often results from real-time entries which usually have precedence, through the use of interrupts into lower-priority or background processing.
- An image that is too small to be read without magnification.
- He fell upon the new idea and after a long time of hard work wrote an important paper on it.
- On the outskirts they passed a steel mill.
- Folks that blurt out just what they think wouldn't be so bad if they thought.
- A man who has become conditioned to the life in the country may feel quite at a loss in the city.