- You're only laying up trouble (for yourself) by not mending that roof now.
- What did you suggest to the manager?
- The owners of the firm feared the manager's vigorous expansionism.
- 他们反映服务质量差, 但经理并未理会。
- They complained about the bad service, but got no joy from the manager.
- They appointed a safe person as the new manager, eg one unlikely to make changes, offend people, etc.
- If you wish to lodge a complaint you'd better get on to the manager.
- He has a lot of pull with the managing director.
- His promotion to manager was a popular appointment.
- He's the manager's blue-eyed boy.
- He broached the subject of a loan with his bank manager.
- He is to continue as manager.
- Branch managers have full autonomy in their own areas.
- Did you see the manager him`self?
- 一个银行经理在街上跳舞, 那是颇失身分的!
- Dancing in the street is rather infra dig for a bank manager!
- You will just have to grovel to the bank manager for a loan.