- (economic) recession
- 在经济衰退期间, 公司设法渡过了难关。
- The firm managed to stay afloat during the recession.
- Is inflation symptomatic of economic decline?
- Bankruptcy is a common phenomenon in an economic recession.
- Many businesses have closed down because of the recession.
- Most economists here say that California's economic slump has not bottomed out and that it may grow worse before the earliest projected recovery in1995.
- Industry is reviving after the recession.
- Share prices were buoyed up by hopes of
- The threat of an economic depression hangs over the world.
- But the recession has now put all our jobs at risk ( and has also cut the party budget which means this year's plonk will be filthier than ever).
- "Heavy taxation is usually believed to take a higher toll on growth during cyclical upturns... rather than in recession; yet although the crisis originated in the us it spread quickly to the eu and resulted in a slump of comparable proportions" the study says.
- The g8 summit also dealt with the world recession.
- Part of the fuel for the broad-based investment rally is the trillions of dollars in debt-financed stimulus that the world's governments and central banks have been pouring into economies in their effort to end the deep recession.
- Didn't have the wherewithal to survive an economic downturn.
- Didn't have the wherewithal to survivean economic downturn.
- Large numbers of businesses went bankrupt in the aftermath of the recession.