- You are exaggerating the difficulties.
- The hostages went through a dreadful ordeal.
- They themselves had had a similar experience.
- 你刚才提到的事, 我有一种似曾经历过的奇怪幻觉。
- I had an odd sense of deja vu just as you said that.
- He saw (ie was involved in) action in North Africa.
- 他的小说大多是自传式的（即虽属虚构, 但却描述许多亲身经历）
- His novels are largely autobiographical, ie though fictional they describe many of his own experiences.
- He has lived through two revolutions.
- He had a good `war record, eg fought bravely.
- 他在非洲旅行时, 有许多有趣的经历
- He had many interesting experiences while travelling in Africa.
- He quoted his own experience in Jiangxi.
- He is always bucking about his experience.
- He is a contemporary of mine, but our experiences are completely different.
- He retold the story with venom in his voice.
- He is given to telling fantastic stories about his travels in Asia.
- He passed through a difficult period after his wife died.