- classical mechanics
- One of three basic laws of classical mechanics.
- Classical mechanics and electromagnetism were inadequate to explain the motion of electrons with the atom.
- Quantum mechanics and relativity have revealed the boundaries of validity of classical mechanics.
- Quantum mechanics showed classical mechanics to be incorrect for describing the internal motions within atoms.
- In addition to the theoretical subject matter several experiments in classical mechanics are performed by the students in the laboratory.
- In the limit of large quantum numbers quantum mechanics goes over into classical mechanics.
- An important guide for making these choices is the correspondence principle which states that the predictions of quantum mechanics reduce to those of classical physics when a system becomes large.
- In classical mechanism the motion of the particle is governed by newton's second law.
- Statistical mechanics: branch of physics that combines the principles and procedures of statistics with the laws of both classical mechanics and quantum mechanics.