- to stop
to terminate (law)
- n.法律,诉讼,法学,法治,司法界,规律 v.对...起诉,控告 [军] Light Anti-Tank Weapon,轻型反坦克武器
- Copyright expires 50 years after the death of the author.
- Passengers with cars must embark first.
- That which ends in exhaustion is death, but the perfect ending is in the endless.
- Share prices were buoyed up by hopes of
- We ought to find some way to put a stop to that matter.
- Designating a cadence or chord progression from the dominant to the tonic at the end of a phrase or piece of music.
- Your contract has been terminated.
- They decided to break up the partnership.
- If Fernandez is shown the door, the board could either buy out his contract immediately or allow him to serve out his term. Fernandez is set to collect$400,000 in past sick pay and other benefits on top of his$195,000 salary.
- A series of complex rules has evolved allowing both filibusters and cloture votes to proceed without fanfare: just the threat of a filibuster will often be enough to get the majority leader's attention and a cloture vote will then be organized without anybody having to spend their evenings sleeping in armchairs and cots.
- "We will have to wait and see if there is an actual change or is there an effort to sugarcoat a hardline policy a defiant policy that has characterized iran's policy with regard to the demands the world has made the security council has made repeatedly from iran that it should it suspend enrichment and reprocessing activities" he said.
- A local political commentator and publisher barrack muluka says getting mr. kibaki an ethnic kikuyu and mr. odinga an ethnic luo to the negotiating table would be a significant first step to ending the countrywide killing spree that has largely pitted ethnic kikuyus against ethnic luos and other tribes who support the opposition.
- Gathering in the egyptian resort of sharm el-sheikh on july 2nd the leaders of the african union ( au) had an unprecedented opportunity finally to pull the plug on the disastrous regime of zimbabwe's president robert mugabe-or at least cast him into political outer darkness.
- The wto ruling demands an end to state enterprise monopolies on the import and distribution of foreign-made books films and digital video discs.
- The indonesian and chinese companies terminated their plans following a dispute over the terms of the renewal of separate oil concessions at west madura in indonesia said people familiar with the matter.