- at last
in the end
- The bank is pressing us for repayment of the loan.
- He showed his sinister motive at last.
- He reached back carefully and got the pen on the very top of the cupboard.
- He is at last the proud possessor of a driving licence.
- He finally worked out a face-saving arrangement.
- Finally, they arrived at an agreement.
- After three days at sea we sighted the land.
- A thin thread of path dwindled and finally disappeared as it climbed the steep slope of the down.
- He was able to cast off such an uninteresting task.
- His persistence was rewarded when they agreed to resume discussions.
- He spent ten minutes at the phone while the others fretted and fumed. At length he put the receiver down.
- He became a champion at last in virtue of his perseverance.
- By the end of the number they were all finally playing on the beat.
- After days of inactivity, the enemy finally showed its teeth by a frontal attack on our position.
- After several delays, he finally set out at 8 o'clock.