- adv.首先,最初,第一(列举条目等用),优先 adj.第一的 num.第一(个) n.开始,第一,(比赛)冠军
- You could at least have sent a card, ie It was possible but you didn't do it.
- 他要是按时服用这些药丸, 本来是可能治得好的。
- The pills might have cured him, if only he'd taken them regularly.
- The universe was created out of a primordial ball of matter.
- 她本来工作得很顺利, 但生病後情况就不同了。
- She was working well until illness supervened.
- 他本来不太喜欢这个计划, 但我们设法把他说服了。
- He wasn't keen on the plan, but we managed to bring him round.
- You should have had enough sense to turn off the electricity supply before disconnecting the wires.
- The sun is the ultimate source of energy.
- It was an ordinary vase, but to save appearances, she said it was a family heirloom.
- I think there is a kernel of truth in these otherwise frivolous comments.
- I regret all the years I could have been enjoying classical music. But I was ignorant, you see I didn't know what I was missing.
- The Government had intended to limit the wage increases of all workers to a reasonable amount, but several trade unions got a march on them by receiving very large increases befor
- I had hoped to get three weeks' vacation this year. I only got one week, but I guess half a loaf is better than none.
- I had a chance to impress her with my efficiency and I muffed it up.
- I shall not have let him steal an early spade trick.