- true colors
- adv 1 truly 真实地; 确实地: She spoke truer than she knew. 她说的比她了解的更接近事实. 2 accurately 准确地; 精确地: The arrow flew straight and true to its mark. 那箭不偏不斜地直朝目标飞去
- Once he achieved power he showed (himself in) his true colours.
- But for all the modesty of her spreading skirts the demureness of hair netted smoothly into a chignon and the quietness of small white hands folded in her lap her true self was poorly concealed.
- A person shows his true colors at the critical moment.
- You think of hogarth as a naturalistic artist drawing the world as he thought it really was.
- He takes as much pains to hide his feelings as any hypocrite would to conceal his indifference; but on every unguarded moment the mask drops off and reveals him to the most superficial observer.