- should have
ought to have
- They should have called the police.
- 我有优先通行权, 你本应当停车让我先过
- It's my right of way, so you should have stopped and let me go.
- I was meant to be working on Sunday, but I just fooled around all day.
- As if man, made for the contemplation of heaven, and all noble objects, should do nothing but kneel be-fore a little idol, and make himself a subject, though not of the mouth(as beasts are), yet of the eye; which was given him for higher purposes.
- You should have known better than to talk like that.
- Ingenious and intriguing the automaton was produced in the 19th century portending the renaissance in japanese applied technology that followed the second world war.
- To deter this the us and japan should refrain from qe2 even at the cost of lower us growth.
- But it would be nonsense to suggest japan's approach to natural disaster or risk is essentially fatalistic as the huge effort and resources poured into the kamaishi breakwater make clear.
- All this came after a first half in which the reds could have hit a sackful.
- Left-wing parties yesterday said the government should have waited until the bank which lost sfr1.4bn in the second quarter regained lasting stability.
- We shall live as the kikuyu were meant to live.
- Yet perhaps it does not matter that both the caduceus and the aesculapian staff are both recognized as symbols of medicine as long as people associate the symbols with the qualities that a physician should embody rather than with the qualities of ancient greek gods.
- A monk should stick to chanting his sutras if the white snake chose to bewitch xu xian and xu chose to marry a monster what business was that of anybody else?
- You should have flown the coop.
- Your creative text should be an autobiographical narrative that describes your emergence into an ethnicity.