- Have always been.
- The problem is that, au fond, he's very lazy.
- The self-styled `Reverend' Harper is not a real clergyman at all.
- The crowning (ie most extreme) irony was that I didn't even like her.
- 她根本就不知道什麽是神经紧张（遇事从不著急、 烦恼等）。
- She doesn't know what nerves are, ie is never worried, upset, etc by events.
- I thought they'd never go some people just can't take a hint!
- 至於他的计画, 根本就无法得知。
- As to his plans, there's simply no telling.
- The lack of rain aggravated the already serious shortage of food.
- She invents these stories. As for what she has told you about a rich Aunt who will leave her a fortune, it's an old wives' tale simply because she has no Aunt.
- He invents these stories. As for what he has told you about a rich Aunt who will leave him a fortune, it's a tale of a tube; simply because he has no Aunt.
- Some fruits don't freeze well at all.
- Preparations for the Queen's visit are almost complete.
- Oh, dear. That's dreadful. Not at all what I expect.
- The fight would probably never have begun if Tom had not been edged on by his friend.
- He is not a fool; far from it.
- What materialthathasbeen available has been superficial moralistic highly negative in tone frequently flippant and