- source material
- 她出言不慎把大家窘得哑然无声, 她却有本事一笑置之。
- There was an embarrassing silence after her indiscreet remark but she was able to laugh it off.
- The new manager is a wash-out.
- She has the ability to keep calm in an emergency.
- Show me what you are capable of, ie how well you can work.
- 我从前滑水滑得很不错, 可现在没有这本事了。
- I used to be able to skate quite well, but I've lost the knack.
- He's absolutely clueless.
- He's not competent to look after young children.
- 他因得宠而获此地位, 并非有何特长或本事。
- He obtained his position more by favour than by merit or ability.
- He possesses the quality of inspiring confidence.
- He has an unerring knack of saying the wrong thing.
- He has an unfortunate aptitude for saying the wrong thing.
- An actor has to learn to laugh off bad reviews.
- Sherlock Holmes has nothing on you you're a real detective.
- He showed no small skill.
- I do not really believe his ability to get off this stain.