- [Religion] the Last Judgement
last [la:st; (-) læst]
- adj.最后的,临终的,末尾的,最近的,结论性的 vi.持续,支持,维持 vt.使维持,楦 adv.最后,后来 n.最后,末尾,临终,鞋楦头
- The doomsday book completed in1086 was the result of general survey of england made in1085 and stated the extent value the population state of cultivation and ownership.
- Why did william send his clerks to compile the property record known as the domesday book?
- In order to have a reliable record of all his lands his tenants and their possessions and to discover how much they could be called upon to pay by way of taxes william sent his clerks to compile a property record known as domesday book.
- The property record was known as domesday book because it seemed to the english not unlike the book of doom to be used by the greatest feudal lord of all on judgment day.
- Why was the property record known as the domesday book under the rule of william?
- Because it seemed to the english not unlike the book of doom to be used by the greatest feudal lord of all on judgment day.
- But the comfort was that all the company at the grand hotel of monseigneur were perfectly dressed.if the day of judgment had only been ascertained to be a dress day everybody there would have been eternally correct.
- The city itself dates back to ancient times and is recorded in the doomsday book.