- in the end
- n.末端,尽头,结束,目标,限度,梢,末端,死亡 v.结束,终结,终止
- In the end very sensibly the venetians signed a commercial treaty with these potential invaders and were thus able to trade with them rather than fight.
- Finally he called all his fifty or sixty employees together and made a speech:
- "Yes I expect to make my exit from here at the rope's end."
- The hatter opened his eyes very wide on hearing this; but all he said was'why is a raven like a writing-desk? '
- Finally she removed the "sacred" paper flower from her hair and pinned it with the "goose feathers against the side of the tray.