- Exhilarated or stupefied by or as if by alcohol; intoxicated.
- His isolation has made him blunt about the feelings of others.
- Her face wore a grim, set look.
- To exhilarate or stupefy as if with alcohol.
- All three overhead doors were open and I could see red fire engines with their doors ajar chrome shining waiting in anticipation for the bell to ring.
- The water rat paralysed and string saw at last a distant speck on the white surface of the road.
- His expression was no longer wooden.
- His eyes were filled with tears and he stood there stupefied.