- stake; wood post; wooden pole; wood column
- n.柱,邮件,岗位,职位,邮政;vt.张贴,揭示,邮递,布置;vi.快速旅行;adv.加速地;Passive Optical Seeker Technique,被动光学自导的导弹技术;Power-on self test,加电自检
- n.棒,柱,杆,竿,极,磁极,电极 vt.用竿支撑,用棒推 vi.撑篙 Pole 波兰人
- The roof of the tunnel was supported by wooden props.
- The gardener used a stake to support the uprightness of the fragile plant.
- By comparative anatomical observation of the roots and rhizomes of5species inglycyrrhiza it was found that mature roots consist of periderm and vascular tissue thedifferences in the species relate to the number of cells of cork layer the arrangement andthe ring number of bast flber strands the distribution frequency of vessel the pattern ofray and the state of the scatered distribution of the primary xylem in the center of theroots etc.
- There were many marble busts on painted wooden pillars along the walls of the office room.
- A wooden pin used in the game of ninepins.
- We cannot judge the wood construction remains accurately until we understand th e relationship among the wood constructioo form their imbedding condition and t he excavation process and the concepts of wood stake wood post post hole pos t pit.
- When the story came to the ear of emperor qianlong he thought it irreverent and sacrilegious to make jokes about the gods and so issued a decree to have the wooden stele removed for good and all and leave only the stone one.
- A bowling pin that is shorter and squatter than a tenpin.