- I have been awed by the devoted spirit of Gothic wood carving.
- A print made from a woodcut.
- White line engraving a relief print made from a block in which the non-printing engraved lines form the subject producing a design in white lines and areas on a black ground.
- When north star was first published I wanted to write something about rou shi but could not.all I could do to commemorate him was to select kathe kollwitz's woodcut the sacrifice which shows a mother giving up her son in agony of spirit and this I alone understand.
- After20years of effort nearly300handwritten or block-printed tibetan volumes have been collected.among them except100variant volumes about70volumes have been formally published in the tibetan language with a total print run of well over three million copies. Thus this epic which had for long centuries been known only to a few folk artists has come out as a systematically complete literary masterpiece that is called "the king of world epics."
- A cigar-store indian used to mean a cigar store in the same way a barber pole still means a barber shop.
- Level45woodcutting and an axe to help lumberjack lief.
- The development of polychrome woodblock printing techniques made it possible for ordinary people to obtain prints of popular kabuki actors or trendsetting courtesans.
- The woodcut "autumn" was conceived as a harvest scene.
- Wood engraving especially of an early period.
- Are you interested in wood engraving?
- Ah do you recall? Your house was very small with wood chip on the wall.when I came around to call you didn't notice me at all.
- Oh deborah do you recall? Your house was very small with wood chip on the wall.when I came around to call you didn't notice me at all.
- A print of a woodcut lithograph or other engraved material especially when reproduced in a book.
- Tea was first used paper manufactured and wood-block printing began.