- The Court should be at great charges for the pomp.
- The "dragonhead" sticks were used by older ministers whose prestige and power were second only to the emperor's.
- According to the stipulations of the ming court the prince had to dispatch his envoy or come in person to the capital to participate in the new year's day celebration each year and present his memorial of congratulation and tribute.
- The court can't trust you.
- From the later part of heian till edo there was no record of the winter solstice in the annual history books of japanese court except the record of sakudanntouji for every19years.
- But practicing catholicism has been outlawed.
- Qu yuan suffered banishment as the victim of a court intrigue.
- Xiao zhen did grow up to win a very high post in the imperial government and he lived to be more than ninety years old.
- But court at that time was so fatuous and conservative that the traditional monetary innovation was difficult to put into practice.
- Of or relating to the chinese people or to the former chinese empire.
- He was an officer at that time meanwhie he was a well-known ancient writing scholar and a specialist in epigraphy in the capital city.
- In the course of participating in the local disaster relief envoys put together such links as pacification delivering relief fund and supervision of the central government served as the link between the central government and local government and represented the principal part the central government played in the relief.
- Other government officials envied him.
- For offending the royal court he was demoted to a prefect of zhongzhou.
- The tonsure of the incarnate living buddha his religious name the choice of the master to initiate him into monkhood and his sutra instructor all have to be reported by the high commissioners to the imperial court for examination and approval.