- to make a pilgrimage
a pilgrimage to a holy mountain
- vt.制造,安排,使成为,认为,产生,获得,进行,构成 vi.开始,前进,增大,被制造,被处理 n.制造,构造,性情
- n.朝圣 vi.朝拜,朝圣
- "The jewish rebellion in ad66led to its destruction by roman legions in ad70.all that remains is part of the western wall a site of pilgrimage.the temple mount is now occupied by a muslim mosque al-aqsa and the dome of the rock."
- Apparently jesus'sudden reappearance on the scene was welcomed presumably in the main by the galileans who had heard him preach and he entered the city in a triumphant procession while the crowd shouted and greeted him with the messianic title of "son of david".
- The pope received a group of polish pilgrims.
- In sight of shalu: with prayer beads in hand and guided by homemade spectacles a pilgrim approaches tibet's shalu monastery.
- Wampanoag leader who aided the pilgrim colonists and signed a peace treaty with them at plymouth.
- Nathaniel morton describes what he and other pilgrims saw in1620.
- Geoffrey chaucer was an english poet his best known work is the canterbury tales which describes a group of pilgrims traveling to canterbury to visit thomas becket's tomb.
- A pilgrim who journeys to mecca.
- I'm thinking seriously of making the holy pilgrimage to mecca.
- His route will take him from the site of the tabard inn in southwark south london to canterbury cathedral following the pilgrims'trail made famous in14th century author geoffrey chaucer's "canterbury tales".
- They came to this world as a pilgrimage.
- They laid particular emphasis upon the duty of pilgrimage.
- Right.some pilgrimage he'd gotten into his head
- Thanksgiving came about when the pilgrims landed on plymouth rock.
- As shell of scallop or oyster is the art symbol of st.james the poor people who could not afford the pilgrimage to pay a visit to the shrine of st.james of compostela in spain built their own small grotto of oyster shell to worship st.james on july25.therefore the grotto of oyster shell became the image of the saint.