- Smoke and sacred offerings: pilgrims burn sacred evergreen offerings at a "chorten" as they prepare to walk hundreds of steps to potala palace once the home of the dalai lama.
- The knights hospitaler also known as the knights of st.
- The movements of pilgrims will be affected during hajj.
- This made him extremely unpopular with his fellow townsmen because the pilgrimages to the kaaba were the chief source of such prosperity as mecca enjoyed.
- Arguments and evidence cited against a miraculous origin of the shroud images include a letter from a medieval bishop to the avignon pope claiming personal knowledge that the image was cleverly painted to gain money from pilgrims; radiocarbon tests in1988that yielded a medieval timeframe for the cloth's fabrication; and analysis of the image by microscopist walter mccrone who concluded ordinary pigments were used.
- Pilgrim do you copy?
- Pilgrim this is houston.
- Pilgrims travel to mecca in specially chartered planes.
- Apparently jesus'sudden reappearance on the scene was welcomed presumably in the main by the galileans who had heard him preach and he entered the city in a triumphant procession while the crowd shouted and greeted him with the messianic title of "son of david".
- The pope received a group of polish pilgrims.
- In sight of shalu: with prayer beads in hand and guided by homemade spectacles a pilgrim approaches tibet's shalu monastery.
- Nathaniel morton describes what he and other pilgrims saw in1620.
- Geoffrey chaucer was an english poet his best known work is the canterbury tales which describes a group of pilgrims traveling to canterbury to visit thomas becket's tomb.
- A pilgrim who journeys to mecca.
- Thanksgiving came about when the pilgrims landed on plymouth rock.