- watch-tower; belvedere; lookout; lookout tower; watchtower; barbican; pharos
- n high tower from which guards keep watch, eg in a forest to look for forest fires, or a fortified observation post 了望台
- Also he built towers in the desert and digged many wells: for he had much cattle both in the low country and in the plains: husbandmen also and vine dressers in the mountains and in carmel: for he loved husbandry.
- But underneath all this a man may see out of the belvedere windows much green and peaceful landscape;
- He defeated the philistines as far as gaza and its territory from watchtower to fortified city.
- From watchtower to fortified city he defeated the philistines as far as gaza and its territory.
- The israelites secretly did things against the lord their god that were not right.from watchtower to fortified city they built themselves high places in all their towns.
- For the fair houses will have no man living in them; the town which was full of noise will become a waste; the hill and the watchtower will be unpeopled for ever a joy for the asses of the woods a place of food for the flocks;
- And judah came to the watchtower of the waste land and looking in the direction of the army they saw only dead bodies stretched on the earth; no living man was to be seen.