- 暴乱发生时, 警察有责任干预。
- When rioting broke out, the police were obliged to intervene.
- The firm agreed to pay compensation without prejudice, ie without admitting liability.
- The Church has a duty to condemn violence.
- The present director has presided over a rapid decline in the firm's profitability.
- She undertook to discharge all the responsibilities of a Minister.
- I felt impelled to investigate the matter further.
- He argued that it was the role of governments to protect the weak.
- He felt obligated to help.
- He deemed that it was his duty to help.
- Don't admit liability for the accident.
- The judge exempted them from all liability in these matters.
- The thought that he was responsible for her death preyed on his mind.
- If this policy were not accepted as the policy of the Government, I should feel it my duty to appeal to Caesar.
- I founded an orphanage last year and feel obliged to take care of those children.
- She is a conscientious teacher.