- to have guts
to have courage
to be brave
- There is a strange empathy between the old lady and her grandson.
- 虽然他有种种缺点, 但我仍然喜欢他。
- I like him despite his faults.
- There is a talk of mutiny among the sailors.
- The seed-bearing spike of a cereal plant, such as corn.
- The grocer's has plenty varieties of goods in stock.
- No crops were planted. Except in north-west Europe and the far northland it was all Man could do to exist.
- I have a feeling that we are being followed.
- I grant a sledge-hammering sort of merit in him.(Dickens)
- I want revenge against her on more scores than one.
- I have a nasty feeling that nothing's going to go right today!
- He has a mellow attitude to life.
- Unlike his brother, he has a good sense of humor.
- We should not have racial discrimination.
- He commented "I secretly experienced a great deal of guilt about going to the hospital for anything other than a bona fide wound. Anemia bronchitis dysentery and trench foot seemed to be an easy way out. In hindsight I understand that if you are sick you don't belong on a battlefield but when you are an immature kid trying to be a hero it is something of a problem particularly when you are trying to prove your courage to no one other than yourself."
- A element having allotropic forms used in a wide variety of alloys found in stibnite.