[yǒu gài de]
- A hole, usually with a cover, through which a person may enter a sewer, boiler, drain, or similar structure.
- Prevent the accumulation of stagnant water put all used cans and bottles into covered dustbins.
- Very orderly and methodical he looked with a hand on each knee and a loud watch ticking a sonorous sermon under his flapped waistcoat as though it pitted its gravity and longevity against the levity and evanescence of the brisk fire.
- Sweep up with spade place into a dry clean lidded container for disposal.
- A two-wheeled horse-drawn covered carriage with the driver's seat above and behind the passengers.
- A large covered vehicle; a van.
- A common method of creating a beneficial residual stress pattern is by peening the surface.