[yǒuquán shì de]
- influential; powerful
- Mention famous or powerful people one is supposed to know, so as to impress others.
- Jones will be elected because many powerful men are back of him.
- "几年以前，你可以看出谁是城里最有权势的人，因为他的路会修得整整齐齐，" 此?/em>湟晃怀鞘泄婊纤呔值幕⑾壬怠?"现在风水轮流转，最有势力的人住在泥土路上。"
- "Years ago, you could tell who the most politically powerful person in town was because his road would be paved, " said Ray Keating, a member if the zoning board of appeals here. "Now it's(=it has) come full circle, and the most powerful live on the d
- Don't play games with the director; he's a powerful man, and not to be trifled with.
- "几年以前，你可以看出谁是城里最有权势的人，因为他的路会修得整整齐齐，" 此间一"现在风水轮流转，最有势力的人住在泥土路上。"
- "Years ago, you could tell who the most politically powerful person in town was because his road would be paved, " said Ray Keating, a member if the zoning boar
- Whether we that are of authority and influence do well discharge our consciences by trusting an immortal soul such as there is in yonder child to the guidance of one who hath stumbled and fallen amid the pitfalls of this world.
- Stand in with an influential senator
- A very rich or powerful person; a magnate.
- Girl has access to influential father.
- A secret cabal of powerful'insiders '.
- "Without taking overmuch upon myself my good word will go far towards gaining any strange gentleman a fair reception from yonder potentate you wot of!"
- But as islam becomes a more powerful force here and the number of polygamous marriages increases dinata says the government is too afraid of increasingly powerful religious leaders to do anything about it.
- The public's interest in this self-absorbed but powerful family is still strong.
- I went not into the forest to seek a potentate; neither do I at any future time design a visit thither with a view to gaining the favour of such personage.
- "I went not into the forest to seek a potentate; neither do I at any future time design a visit thither with a view to gaining the favour of such personage."