- We still have a strong chance of winning.
- The favourite came in third.
- That horse is the ,odds-on `favourite.
- It was (pure) chance our meeting in Paristo do sthno chanceonly a slim chance of winning.
- It's hopeless trying to convince her.
- He stands a (good/fair) chance of passing the examination.
- 这项计画开始时很有希望, 但不久就失败了
- After a promising start, the project soon fizzled out.
- Prospects for the coming year look bright.
- Offering no hope; bleak.
- John promises well as an actor.
- Hope alone sustained him in his struggle.
- His hopes had been raised by what his interviewer said to him, so he was particularly disappointed when he didn't get the job.
- I know him to have been a promising student of intelligence and ability. I strongly recommend him in his application.
- She has a good chance/no chance/not much chance/only a slim chance of winning.
- Having or m